今天是Vivi的生日,生日快樂捏 :)
Today's Vivien's birthday. Happy birthday to you.
我們的導遊跟昨天同一個
We went for trekking with the same guide yesterday.
不到三小時的健行
It's less than 3 hours walking.
一路上我們去了Cat Cat Village,還看了沒有很多水的瀑布
On the way we visited Cat Cat Village and saw the waterfall.
我比較喜歡昨天的行程
I prefer yesterday.
當我們結束健行,走回旅館時,天空變得霧霧的
When we finished trekking and went back to the hostel, it's getting foggy.
接著下起雨來了
Then it was raining.
噢對了!
Oh right!
我們導遊的英文還不差耶
The tour guide's English is not bad.
這些村莊的人們從觀光客身上學到很多英文
People from these villages learned a lot from tourists.
就像我在寮國時一般
When I stayed in Laos, it's the same.
他們非常認真地在學語言
They study languages so hard.
一位在lounge工作的男孩,在跟我討論他上課時英文老師給他們的回家作業
A boy who works in a lounge wanted to discuss his english homework with me.
我在跟一家小餐廳的老闆聊天時,他不知道我講的某一個單字
I talked with a boss of one small restaurant and he can't understand a word.
他馬上把他的英文辭典拿出來,因為他想要學這個字
He took his dictionary for me immediately because he wanted to learn the word.
這些是我在寮國時碰到的經歷
These're the experiences in Laos.
同樣的在Sapa時,他們能與觀光客們溝通
And in Sapa, they can communicate with tourists.
真的是讓我印象深刻
I'm so impressed.
或許他們英文說得都還比一些台灣人好
Maybe they speak better than some Taiwanese people.
嘿各位!我們都要用功加油
Hey guys! Study harder.
下午時,我們與德國夫妻一道去附近的French Backery
In the afternoon, we went to the French Backery with German couple.
我很愛他們的蛋糕
I loved their cakes!
除此,我今天多學了一些德國單字和一句義大利文
By the way, today I learn more German words and one Italian sentence.
一位住在我們旅館旁的小姐,在我們經過時總會遠遠地就揮著手,跟我們講話和大笑
A lady lives near by the hostel always waved her hands, talked to us and laughed.
我們認為她只會講英文的"水?"以及"等等見!"
We think she only can say "Water?" and "See you later."
美國夫妻的男生幫她取了個綽號"等等見小姐"
Kris called her "see you later lady".
當我們離開時,咱們每個人都跟她買了瓶水
When we left, all of us bought a bottle of water for her.
德國夫妻告訴我們,他們一早向她買水時,身上並沒有比較小張面額的鈔票
German couple said they bought one this morning but they didn't have smaller cash.
"等等見小姐"把她們的大張鈔票退回來並揮著她的手示意
"See you later lady" gave their bigger money back and waved her hands.
意思應該是"不用在意!等你們有比較小張的鈔票,再回來付帳"
It meant "Don't worry! When you have smaller one, come back and pay for it."
她人超友善的
She's so friendly.
我跟她買了一瓶水,她試著想多給我一瓶免費可口可樂
I bought a bottle of water from her and she tried to give me Coke Cola for free.
德國夫婦買一瓶水,她則給他們兩瓶水
German couple bought a bottle of water from her and she gave them two bottles of water.
哇烏!
Wow!
現在我在臥鋪火車上正要回河內
Now I'm on the overnight train back to Hanoi.
與前幾天的有一點不一樣,這次的看起來比較豪華
It's different from the last train, more luxury.
我們跟兩位越南人同間房
We stayed with two guys from Vietnam.
我想應該該躺平睡覺了,因為四周非常安靜
I think it's time to go to bed, so quiet!
Night!
Ginger @ Fanxipan Express Train, Laocai- Hanoi, Vietnam
- 3月 18 週四 201000:08
[Vietnam] 2010.03.16 Cat Cat Village, French Backery For disadventaged youth, Fanxipan Express Train
- 3月 16 週二 201001:28
[Vietnam] 2010.03.15 go trekking to Lao Chai Village and Ta Van Village
昨晚我挺晚上床睡覺,因為花了約四小時完成三天的日記,先用英文接著又翻成中文
I went to bed late last night because I spent about 4 hours finishing my 3 days diaries, in English and translated in Chinese.
我德國朋友說我可以當德國人了
Joern said I can be a German.
噢不!事實上他說我有點太德國人了,哈哈
Oh no! Actually he said I'm too German, haha!
早上九點就有一大堆人在旅館大廳等著今天的健行行程
09:00 this morning at the labby of our hostel, there're so many people waiting for trekking tours.
我們今天是全天的健行,導遊是Lao Chai Village的Chui
We (Chris, Rebecca, Joern, Ginger) did one day trekking today with Chui, our tour guide, who is from Lao Chai Village.
這裡的當地人還挺嬌小的
The local people here are so short.
我很開心我是當中最高的 :)
I was happy that I'm the tallest one of them.
從早上九點到下午兩點半,我們走超過12公里
09:00-14:30, we went trekking for more than 12 km.
今天的天氣既不會太熱,也會太冷,很適合這樣的行程
It's a nice day for trekking, not too hot and not too freezing.
一路上我們照了一堆相片,山啊,村莊的人們啊,動物啊
On the way we took lots of photos of the mountains, the village people, the animals.
當地人們總是圍繞在我們身邊一起走
Local people always walked around us.
在午餐之前,對我而言是個很不錯的行程
Before lunch, it's a great tour for me.
接著,所有Lao Chai和一些Ta Van的人們試著要賣她們的手工藝品
Then, all of the Lao Chai people and some of Ta Van people tried to sell their handicrafts.
我們在沒買紀念品前進不了餐廳吃午餐
we can't go for lunch before we bought any souvenir.
"幫我買一個嘛!"
"Buy one for me!"
"你為她買了一個,也為我買一個!"
"You buy one for her and buy one for me!"
"你買了Lao Chai的東西,也買一個Ta Van的東西吧!"
"You buy one for Lao Chai and buy another one for Ta Van."
這些都是我們所聽到的
These were what we heard.
最後,我花了35,000越南盾得到一些手工藝品,唉!
Finally, I spent 35,000 D for some handicrafts, sigh!
咱在行程結束後跟昨天同個group的德國情侶一道來個下午茶,接著與美國夫妻道別
We went for afternoon tea with German couple which we met in our group yesterday and then said good-bye to American couple.
他們今晚離開Sapa
They left tonight.
晚餐後,我們與德國夫妻聚聚喝點東西閒聊
After dinner, we went for some drinks with German couple.
我們聊了語言、國旗、背包客、政府...等等
We talked about languages, flags, backpackers, goverments...etc.
他們這次的行程是從南美洲開始
They started this trip from South America.
將來有一天我要去那玩耍
I'd love to go there some day.
由於他們三位都是德國人,他們告訴我一些德國方言
Because three of them all came from Germany, they told me some dialects in Germany.
非常有趣
It's so interesting.
他們也有一些"繞口令"
They also have some "tongue twisters".
我則念了一段"四十四隻石獅子"
I told them "forty four stone lions" in Mandarin.
我們大約十一點左右結束離開
We finished at about eleven.
今晚跟他們聊天非常愉快
I had a great time with them.
他們從一位之前遇到的美國男生那聽到一句話,"Money is no experience."
"Money is no experience." They heard from an American guy they met before.
我喜歡!
I like it!
Night!
Ginger @ Sapa Summit Hotel, Sapa, Vietnam
- 3月 15 週一 201001:37
[Vietnam] 2010.03.13 evil city Hanoi
我今天在Old Quarter這區亂走
I walked around at Old Quarter today.
跟Ms' (H)見面,她仍然給我兩張水上木偶劇的票作為見面禮
I met Ms. (H) and she still gave me two water puppet tickets as gifts.
在來這裡之前,她曾說她要給我這份禮物
Before I came here, she said she'll give me the gift.
她真的人很好!
She's relly nice!
讓我來告訴你們為什麼我覺得河內是個令人不舒服的城市
Let's talk about why I said Hanoi is an evil city.
第一,所有開車或騎車的人從來不看路,他們一直按喇叭
First, everyone here drives wiouthout watching. They're sounding their horns.
過馬路時,我們都跟著當地人走
We always followed locals to cross the road.
否則,我們可能會一直站在原地,哈!
Otherwise, we would stand at the same place for long time, ha!
當我們走在一個路非常狹窄的市場裡,許多人用時速30-40km以上直直從我們旁邊呼嘯而過,並且大按喇叭
When we walked at a market and the road for people was narrow, many people rode motorbikes across the road with 30-40 km/hr speed.
我們只能快點跳開以躲避這些機車
We must jumped to avoid them.
瘋狂的人們!
Crazy People!
第二,他們總是想欺騙
Second, they cheated all the time.
我看到一位在賣點心的小姐
I saw a lady selling some snacks.
"這怎麼賣?"
"How much is it?"
"一顆五千"接著她開始把點心們夾進一個塑膠袋內 (AUD 1 = 15,000 D, AUD 1 = NTD 29)
"5,000 for one." Then she started to put snacks into a plastic bag. (AUD 1 = 15,000 D)
"不不不"
"No no no!"
"兩萬"塑膠袋內大約有7-8顆
"20,000" She put abut 7-8 snacks into the plastic bag.
好吧!我可以付這樣的價錢
Okay! I can pay for them.
我給她一張面額五萬的鈔票並取得同意拍照
I gave her a cash 50,000 and asked for photos.
在照相後,她只找給我一萬
After taking photos, she gave me 10,000.
她應該要找我三萬才是
She was supposed to give me 30,000.
"不!妳說這才賣兩萬而已"
"No! you said 20,000."
"四萬"
"40,000!"
"不!兩萬"
"No! 20,000."
"四萬"
"40,000"
"好吧!把我的五萬還來,我不買了"
"Okay! Give me my 50,000. I don't want to buy it."
她把原本找給我的一萬拿回去,換了一張兩萬給我
She took the 10,000 back and gave me 20,000.
"兩萬",她說
"20,000" She said.
我非常非常生氣
I was so angry.
"不!這些點心兩萬,妳應該要找給我三萬"
"No! 20,000 for them. You should give me 30,000."
在過了8-10分鐘後,我終於拿到我該拿的錢
After about 8-10 minutes, I finally got my money.
另一個故事在二手書店內
Another one was in a secondhand bookstore.
我買了一本書Restless,價錢十六萬五千
I bought a book, Restless, for 165,000.
接著Joern也去了那家書店
Then Joern went there as well.
他和裡面的女店員討價還價後買了一本
He bought a book and bargained with the girl inside.
當他回到旅館,我問他買的書的價錢,並得知他有殺價
when he came back, I asked the price for his book and knew he bargained.
"我不知道原來在這二手書店也可以殺價"我說
"I don't know I can bargain in the secondhand bookstore." I said.
"當然可以殺價啊!妳花多少錢買這本書?"Joern問我
"Of course you can. How much did you pay for your book?" Joern asked.
"十六萬五千盾"
"165,000 D."
"什麼?給我看這本書"
"What? Show me the book."
我把書拿出來給他端詳,如果是全新正版,這本書價錢是8塊英鎊
I showed the book and the original new one was 8 pounds.
Joern說,"我們去書店吧,這本書太貴了"
Joern said, " Let's go to the bookstore. It's too expensive."
我們走進書店
We went to the store.
"不好意思喔!我朋友剛才這本書買貴了
"Excuese me. My friend just bought this book and it's too expensive.
我才花七萬就買到一本比她那本厚很多的二手書
My book's thicker than her's and I only paid for 70,000.
就算是全新也英鎊8元,你不能賣十六萬五千
The original new one was 8 pounds. You shouldn't sell for 165,000.
它已經被看過很多次了,真的,妳應該要還給她一些錢
It's used. Seriously, you should give her some money back."
過了幾分鐘爭執,我得回十五萬
After few minutes argument, I got 15,000.
謝謝你德國朋友
Thanks Joern :)
對了!小心河內的鳳梨小姐們
Oh right! Be careful about pineapple ladies in Hanoi.
她們主動問我們要不要提著扁擔照相
They asked us to take photos carrying shoulder pole.
身為觀光客的我們當然要啊!
Of course we did! We are tourists.
接著她們開始要求我們買她們的鳳梨
Then they asked us to buy their pineapples.
當我在寮國時,儘管不買東西,我們仍然可以照相
When I was in Laos, I can take photos everywhere without buying anything.
寮國人們總是笑笑的並點頭
People in Laos always smiled and nodded.
表示我們可以照相
It means we can take photos.
但河內!
But Hanoi!
有夠令人不舒服的
So evil.
晚上九點多我們搭了會過夜有臥鋪的火車前往Laocai Train Staion
We took the overnight train to Laocai Train Staion at 21:10.
四人一間房
There're 4 people in a room.
在這認識了一對美國年輕夫婦,目前住在日本
We met an USA couple who live in Japan now.
他們告訴我們一些在各個國家潛水的經驗
They talked about some scuba diving experience.
我會嘗試的!在我回澳洲後,或者是去了有很美的海邊像是Phi Phi島(泰國)
I will try it when I go back to Australia or somewhere with nice beaches like Phi Phi Island (Thailand).
Night!
Ginger @ overnight train Hanoi- Laocai Train Station, Vietnam

10.03.13 Hoan Kiem Lake
- 3月 15 週一 201001:37
[Vietnam] 2010.03.14 Bac Ha Sunday Market, H'mong Village, Chinese border and Sapa
今天早上大約五點半,我們到達Laocai
The overnight train arrived at half pass five in the morning.
在吃過早餐後,我們一直等到八點才出發前往星期天才有的市集
After eating breakfasts, we waited until about 08:00.
從Laocai到Bac Ha Sunday Market大約一個半小時車程
It's 1.5 hours driving from Laocai to Bac Ha Sunday Market.
當地少數民族穿的衣服非常色彩繽紛
What the local people wear are so colorful.
與Sapa的少數民族不大一樣
It's different from the local people in Sapa.
當我們在Sapa看到當地人穿的傳統服裝,色彩偏黑
The color of Sapa's cloths are almost black.
美國夫妻的女生和我在市集買了一些便宜好看的圍巾當作紀念品
Rebecca (USA) and I bought some scarves for souvenirs at the market.
在市集後去的flower H'mong Village並不是很有趣
The flower H'mong Village was not very interesting.
希望明天參觀的村莊會讓我喜歡
I hope tomorrow when we visit some villages, I'll like it.
我們還到了越南中國邊境耶
Chinese border, wow!
這是我第一次這麼接近大陸
It's the first time for me, so close!
從Laocai到Sapa大約要一小時車程
It's about one hour driving from Laocai to Sapa.
我們(昨晚同車廂的室友們)一起去了Sapa Sunday Market
We (roommates) went to Sapa Sunday Market.
我學了個新字"barrage" (算是猛烈攻擊之類的意思)
I learned a new word "barrage".
美國女生說很多當地婦女小孩對她進行強烈攻擊銷售
Rebecca said many local females barraged her.
她們要求觀光客們買紀念品
They asked tourists to buy souvenirs.
如果你不買,她們會不停的纏著你,一而再再而三的問你
If you don't want to buy, they will follow you and ask, ask, ask!
德國朋友說她們很聰明
Joern said they're smart.
她們總是知道要挑一個團體內最虛弱最容易下手的人,向她推銷紀念品
They always pick the weakest one in a group and try to sell their souvenirs.
明天要去健行
Tomorrow I'm going to go trekking.
我仍然無法連上Facebook
I still can't connect Facebook.
我想或許是因為我所在的位置
I think it's because the location.
離大陸太近了
It's close China.
Night!
Ginger @ Sapa Summit Hotel, Sapa, Vietnam
- 3月 14 週日 201000:30
[Laos] 2010.03.10-11 I'm still in Luang Prabang
三月十號,我只做了photoshop這件事
On 10th of MAR, I only did "photoshop".
我快看完Eclipse這本書了,耶
Eclipse, I almost finished, yeah!
這表示我需要另一本書
It means I need a new book.
在夜市吃晚餐時遇到了一對韓國夫妻
I met a couple from Korea when I ate dinner in the night market.
他們說中文就像我們說中文一般流利
They speak Mandarin just like native speakers.
這是近幾天來我第一次說中文,哈
In the past few days, it's the first time I spoke Mandarin, ha!
我明天一大早打算去看佈施
I'm going to see alms tomorrow morning.
是個龍坡邦出名的景點
It's famous in Luang Prabang.
在寮國的最後一天了,再會
Last day in Laos, see you!
越南,我來啦 :)
Vietnam, I'm coming :)
Night!
Ginger @ Chanthanome Guesthouse, Luang Prabang, Laos
- 3月 14 週日 201000:29
[Laos] 2010.03.09 doing nothing in Luang Prabang
今天是Stephenie Meyer日
Today was Stephenie Meyer day.
我在澳洲把第一及第二本看完
I finished the first and second one when I was in Australia.
Twilight(暮光之城)系列第三本Eclipse是我現在正在閱讀的
Eclipse, the third one of Twilight series, is the book I read now.
在第三本書中,你能看到更多狼人及吸血鬼之間的互動
You can see more communication between wereworves and vampires in the third book.
我對第二本挺失望,但現在這一本,到目前為止比前一本好很多
The second one disappointed me but until now, this one is better.
我還整理了一下照片
I also methodized my photos.
大工程!
Big work!
Night!
Ginger @ Chanthanome Guesthouse, Luang Prabang, Laos

10.03.09 tuk-tuk, temple, restaurant
- 3月 14 週日 201000:28
[Laos] 2010.03.08 transport from Phonsavan to Luang Prabang
在和David及Steve說再見後,又是八個小時的路程
After saying good-bye to David and Steve, it's 8 hours again!
抵達龍坡邦後,我馬上去有免費無線網路的lounge上網
I went to the lounge with free wifi immediately after arriving Luang Prabang.
謝謝每位在Facebook及ptt2祝我生日快樂的親朋好友們
- 3月 08 週一 201016:59
[Laos] 2010.03.07 Plain of Jars and Happy Birthday
"生日快樂"
"Happy Birthday!"
這是自我十八歲生日後最好的一次生日
It's the best birthday after my 18-year-old birthday.
享受在滿布沙塵的路中,神秘兮兮的石壺平原以及minivan上同個group有趣的人們
Enjoy the dusty roads, mystery plain of jars, humorous people on our minivan.
謝謝Joern、David、Steve努力在幫我找個"真正好"的餐廳慶生
Thanks Joern, David and Steve trying to look for "really nice" restaurant for me.
今天我完全沒付任何錢,因為他們說壽星不准付錢
I didn't pay anything today because they paid for it.
餐廳內的所有人舉杯幫我唱生日快樂歌
Everyone in the restaurant sang the birthday song for me.
我確實有一個很開心的生日
I did have a happy birthday.
至於"石壺平原",就是一堆石壺,但很神祕
About the "Plain of Jars", just jars, but mystery.
人們說它是英國巨石群與復活島的兄弟
People said that it's a brother of Stonehenge and Easter Island.
在這區域內還滿佈地雷
The area is also full of mines.
如果你看見標示,紅色表示危險而白色表示安全的
If you see the sign, red is dangerous and white is safe.
明天我將要回龍坡邦
Tomorrow I'm going back to Luang Prabang.
又是另一個八小時,天啊
Oh God! Another 8 hours!
祝福我吧 :)
Bless me :)
G'day!
Ginger @ Banna Plain of Jars House, Xieng Khouang, Laos

10.03.07 our group
- 3月 08 週一 201016:53
[Laos] 2010.03.06 minivan to Phonsaven
我們終於從龍坡幫離開至新的一個城鎮
Finally, we left Luang Prabang to a new town.
這是一個三天的行程,從龍坡幫到石壺平原所在的彭沙萬
It's a 3 days tour from Luang Prabang to Phonsavan for Plain of Jars.
結束行程後則有免費的交通到龍坡幫、旺陽或者永珍
Then you can get the free transfer to Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng or Vientiane.
由於同一天參加同一行程總共四個人,價錢壓到一人US 110 (935,000 kip)
It cost us USD 110 (935,000 kip) each because there're 4 people in the group.
來自雪梨藍山的David是個作家
David, who's from Blue Mountains, Sydney, is a writer.
來自瓜地馬拉的Steve有個農場,他自己目前已經退休
Steve, who's from Guatemala, has a farm and now he's retired.
我真的很開心跟他們在同一個group內,他們人既好又富有幽默感
I'm so glad that both of them are so nice and humorous.
在咱們的minivan內,我還學到一些世界歷史,哈
I learned some history on the minivan, ha~
在minivan待八個小時實在是很不舒服
To stay on the minivan for 8 hours was so uncomfortable.
就算是VIP巴士都還比較好
Even the VIP bus is better.
這次旅行結束後我不想再在寮國內嘗試坐minivan了
I'd never try again in Laos after this trip.
在去彭沙萬的途中,我們先到"Buddha Cave"
On the way to Phonsavan, we went to "Buddha Cave".
沒錯,又是一個"洞穴"
Yes, "cave" again.
我希望明天不要再看鐘乳石洞穴了
I hope I won't see some caves tomorrow.
對了,這兩天在彭沙萬的住宿,竟然得到單人房,耶!
By the way, I got a single room for these two days, yeah!
我喜歡這樣的安排
I love it!
Cheers :)
Ginger @ Banna Plain of Jars House, Xieng Khouang, Laos
- 3月 08 週一 201016:51
[Laos] 2010.03.05 relax in Luang Prabang
早上我待在一個有免費無線網路的lounge內
I stayed in a lounge with free wifi in the morning.
下午則是繼續遊覽市區
In the afternoon, I went for sightseeing again.
市區內有個叫做LAO LIFE的藝廊
There's a gallery called LAO LIFE in the centre.
我喜歡這位叫做Paul Wager的攝影作品
I love the photography by Paul Wager.
或許可以在網路上找到一些他的資訊
Maybe I can search via internet to get more information about him.
今天的晚餐超級好吃,是一間不起眼的當地餐館,以及非常非常友善的老闆
Today's dinner was so delicious, just a local restaurant with friendly boss.
明天起我要參加一個叫做"Plain of Jars"的三天行程
I'm going to "Plain of Jars", 3 days tour, tomorrow.
再會!
See you guys!
Ginger @ Sivilay Guesthouse, Luang Prabang, Laos
p.s. About Paul Wager
Paul was recently awarded the overall winner of Portraiture as well as first for Family Portraiture, first for Nature Earth and received 4 Honorable mentions in the Prix De La Photographie Paris Awards, he also received a silver and 2 bronze awards in the International Aperture Awards. Paul has been in Laos for 6 years living in Luang Prabang. He was a senior photographer for News Limited Australia and has worked recently for magazine such as Travel and Leisure Southeast Asia, Geographical, Asian Geo and Kolega. He has also worked for the United Nations and Lao based Non Goverment Organizations and as well has staged several successful exhibitions in Vientiane.

10.03.05 it's Royal Palace
